[alsa-devel] Latest snapshot - reliable source?

Takashi Iwai tiwai at suse.de
Mon Dec 15 08:49:45 CET 2008

At Mon, 15 Dec 2008 08:40:26 +0100,
Klaus Schulz wrote:

> On Mon, Dec 15, 2008 at 8:27 AM, Takashi Iwai <tiwai at suse.de> wrote:
>
>     At Sun, 14 Dec 2008 11:18:37 +0100,
>     Klaus Schulz wrote:
>     >
>     > Hello Takashi.
>     >
>     > Can I regard your ftp link below as a kind of reliable source  where to
>     get
>     > the latest snapshot at any time?
>
>     Yes.
>
>     > Can I also expect that it is compatible
>     > to latest official driver release?
>
>     Define "compatible".
>     The snapshot version is always newer than the released version.
>
> What I mean: 1. Can I just tar into the latest driver directory?

Hmm... not sure what do you mean "tar into the latest driver directory".

The snapshot tarball contains the whole alsa-driver* and alsa-kernel*
contents, and is ready to configure, make and make-install like the
released versions.

>                      2. Would I see a stepped up  revision?

You have HEAD files in alsa-driver*/ and alsa-driver*/alsa-kernel.
These contain the GIT HEAD IDs.

Takashi