[alsa-devel] ice1724 - TerraTec PHASE 22 no MIDI ports get created

Vedran Miletić rivanvx at gmail.com
Tue Aug 26 18:03:07 CEST 2008

OK, I downloaded lastest git, Changed 0x00 to 0x28 (MIDI enabled, ADC
and SPDIF reciever see below). MIDI ports get created, and playing
something to output doesn't hang the system or anything. However, I
have no MIDI input devices besides PHASE 22 itself, and no MIDI cable.

When I buy MIDI cable later today, I will report how it works. Is
looping output to input a good way to test it?

What is SPDIF reciever? Is it SPDIF in? Looking at the source, I have
two questions:
1) Why is it disabled, specifiying you only have ADC? This card has
SPDIF input and it works even at 0x00 (that is 1xADC) at
ICE_EEP2_SYSCONF (I have tried connecting a source and recording it
with arecord). Does this card have SPDIF reciever?
2) It says [ICE_EEP2_I2S]         = 0xf8,  /* vol, 96k, 24bit */ for PHASE 22
and [ICE_EEP2_I2S]         = 0xfc,  /* vol, 96k, 24bit, 192k */ for PHASE 28
However, both (according to VT1724 documentation) seem to enable 192k.
Is it just that the comment is wrong?

--
Vedran Miletić