[alsa-devel] ASoC machine driver: use more than one at91 ssc

Simon Tremblay bidou at videotron.qc.ca
Wed Aug 13 08:03:40 CEST 2008

Simon Tremblay <bidou <at> videotron.qc.ca> writes:

> Hi,
>
> I want to use more than one SSC (2 to be more accurate) to be able to do what
 is
> indicated at Figure 4 of page 10/13 of this document
> http://www.atmel.com/dyn/resources/prod_documents/doc6020.pdf (how to setup
SSC
> with a I2S codec).
>
> I saw in sound/soc/at91/eti_b1_wm8731.c use of 1 SSC.
>
> Does I need more than one snd_soc_dai_link in my snd_soc_machine? But for
what I
> understand for now, I need one SSC for sound output and 2 SSC for sound input.
>
> I don't know if there is some example about how to do that.
>
> Simon

I was thinking about that and maybe the best way to resolve this is to modify
at91-ssc.c and add a new entry in at91_ssc_dai that supports ssc0 and ssc1
together (and modify / add some functions to support this new entry). Humm, I
need to find a way to be able to reuse code here. What do you think about all of
that ?

Thanks,

Simon