[alsa-devel] WM9712 Not Giving output

Mark Brown broonie at opensource.wolfsonmicro.com
Thu Aug 7 13:14:07 CEST 2008

On Wed, Aug 06, 2008 at 03:04:07AM -0700, Nitin Mahajan wrote:

> I am not able to make the Mic recording work now. Apart from the mixer controls, I identified these registers to be programmed with following values, which again to seperate out the problem area, H/w or S/w.I am using single ended mono microphone on Left i.e Mic 1.

Please work in terms of the ALSA controls - it is much easier to provide
support when working through the exposed interfaces and direct register
writes may be overwritten by the driver, causing additional confusion.

> Also , If I take the Linux-2.6.26 kernel from mips, can you tell me how to get the patch from wolfson ASOC git so that I have all the latest ASOC and WM related code?
> I am not familiar with git :(.

To get the latest development code:

	git clone git://opensource.wolfsonmicro.com/linux-2.6-asoc
	cd linux-2.6-asoc

You can generate a diff from a tag to the latest development branch like
this:

	git diff v2.6.26..origin/dev

(Linux releases are tagged in that format - 'git tag' will list the
known tags) specifying directories lets you filter what's included so:

	git diff v2.6.26..origin/dev sound include/sound

will only give you ALSA related changes.