[alsa-devel] WM9712 Not Giving output

Nitin Mahajan nitinm76 at yahoo.com
Wed Aug 6 12:04:07 CEST 2008

HI!

--- On Wed, 6/8/08, Mark Brown <broonie at opensource.wolfsonmicro.com> wrote:

> From: Mark Brown <broonie at opensource.wolfsonmicro.com>
> Subject: Re: [alsa-devel] WM9712 Not Giving output
> To: "Nitin Mahajan" <nitinm76 at yahoo.com>
> Cc: alsa-devel at alsa-project.org
> Date: Wednesday, 6 August, 2008, 2:56 PM
> On Tue, Aug 05, 2008 at 08:06:06PM -0700, Nitin Mahajan
> wrote:
>
> > Here is the mixer-config file got through
> 'alsactl'. Could you please guide me which controls
> to set with what values using amixer, for playback through
> Headphone and Recording?
>
> For playback try these:
>
> > 	control.4 {
> > 		comment.access 'read write'
> > 		comment.type BOOLEAN
> > 		comment.count 1
> > 		iface MIXER
> > 		name 'Headphone Playback Switch'
> > 		value false
> > 	}
>
> This should be enabled.
>
> > 	control.8 {
> > 		comment.access 'read write'
> > 		comment.type BOOLEAN
> > 		comment.count 1
> > 		iface MIXER
> > 		name 'Headphone Playback ZC Switch'
> > 		value false
> > 	}
>
> It's better to enable this but not essential - it
> avoids audio artifacts
> while doing volume updates during playback.
>
> > 	control.64 {
> > 		comment.access 'read write'
> > 		comment.type BOOLEAN
> > 		comment.count 1
> > 		iface MIXER
> > 		name 'Right Mixer PCM Playback Switch'
> > 		value false
> > 	}
> > 	control.65 {
> > 		comment.access 'read write'
> > 		comment.type BOOLEAN
> > 		comment.count 1
> > 		iface MIXER
> > 		name 'Left Mixer PCM Playback Switch'
> > 		value false
> > 	}
>
> These should be enabled.
>
> If this still gives you trouble then please build with
> DAPM_DEBUG
> enabled in soc-dapm.c (or #define DEBUG at very the top of
> the file
> prior to the includes if using a very current version).
> This will cause
> ASoC to produce debug output when it starts playback which
> should show
> anything that needs to be enabled but isn't.
>
> Please also make sure that you are using a driver with the
> patch that
> Marek identified earlier in the thread.

Thanks I will try setting these for playback. Just for the Hardware verification I tried setting registers myself for the Mixer. I understand that finally thats not the right way. AS u suggested in earlier the gain was problem. I was making it as negative gain, which is as good as mute.
I kept it default and playback worked for me.

I am not able to make the Mic recording work now. Apart from the mixer controls, I identified these registers to be programmed with following values, which again to seperate out the problem area, H/w or S/w.I am using single ended mono microphone on Left i.e Mic 1.

Ox24h 0x0000
0x26h 0x0000
0x0Eh 0x6000
0x5Ch 0x0000
0x0Ah 0x7000
0x1Ch 0x0f00
0x20h 0x0000

Also , If I take the Linux-2.6.26 kernel from mips, can you tell me how to get the patch from wolfson ASOC git so that I have all the latest ASOC and WM related code?
I am not familiar with git :(.

Thanks in advance

regards

-Nitin

      Get your new Email address!
Grab the Email name you&#39;ve always wanted before someone else does!