[alsa-devel] SoC sound support for imx27

Juergen Beisert jbe at pengutronix.de
Thu Apr 24 13:19:39 CEST 2008

On Wednesday 23 April 2008 17:36, Liam Girdwood wrote:
> On Wed, 2008-04-23 at 16:54 +0200, Juergen Beisert wrote:
> > Hi,
> >
> > I'm going to adapt Freescale's i.MX27 CPU to the SoC sound support via
> > I2S. I found the imx21 already in the repository (may it will help for my
> > job). Is anybody else working on i.MX27 support (to avoid to reinvention
> > everything)?
>
> It's not fully supported atm. However I've had interest from a few folks
> who are interested in completing support.
>
> Currently working :-
>
>  o i.MX2x SSI is complete (same as i.MX3)

But why there are different files for different CPUs when their hardware "on
chip" is the same?

> Todo:
>
>  o i.MX2x DMA is not completed. There is a half ASoC ported OSS based
> implementation in git atm, although it's not complete due to my only
> remaining i.MX21 board dying. Should be only about 1 weeks effort to
> complete this.

I have an i.MX27 and i.MX31 board here. Question is, what kind of
CPU/architecture support you are using for i.MX21? The one from arch/arm/imx?
Or something from arch/arm/mxc3, arch/arm/plat-mxc?

So now we have a few (nearly working) implementations. What should be used?
The implementations from soc/imx or from soc/fsl?

Juergen

--
Dipl.-Ing. Juergen Beisert | http://www.pengutronix.de
    Handelsregister: Amtsgericht Hildesheim, HRA 2686