[alsa-devel] SoC sound support for imx27

Liam Girdwood lg at opensource.wolfsonmicro.com
Wed Apr 23 17:36:26 CEST 2008

On Wed, 2008-04-23 at 16:54 +0200, Juergen Beisert wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I'm going to adapt Freescale's i.MX27 CPU to the SoC sound support via I2S. I
> found the imx21 already in the repository (may it will help for my job). Is
> anybody else working on i.MX27 support (to avoid to reinvention everything)?

It's not fully supported atm. However I've had interest from a few folks
who are interested in completing support.

Currently working :-

 o i.MX2x SSI is complete (same as i.MX3)

Todo:

 o i.MX2x DMA is not completed. There is a half ASoC ported OSS based
implementation in git atm, although it's not complete due to my only
remaining i.MX21 board dying. Should be only about 1 weeks effort to
complete this.

Liam