[alsa-devel] What does 0dB refer to? (Logitech USB Speakers)

Rene Herman rene.herman at keyaccess.nl
Tue Apr 15 17:51:19 CEST 2008

On 15-04-08 17:42, Wolfgang Woehl wrote:

> Would you take a minute and reconsider this old distinction
> between "consumer" and "professional"?
>
> In the end it's not the card, it's not the freaking driver. It's the
> person, of course.
>
> If I would have to make a living from handling expensive audio gear
> responsibly I'd reach for the right hardware fader *before* I ran
> anything that could come up rolling and screaming.

Yes, but the day your wife leaves you, you forget once due to being
pre-ocuppied and now you're fired as well. Damn, going downhil fast.

I personally don't see much of a difference between pro and consumer either,
but the other way around: _generally_ non muted (that is, without the user
having told us that is what she wants through saved settings) is simply
irresponsible.

Rene.