[alsa-devel] What does 0dB refer to? (Logitech USB Speakers)

Wolfgang Woehl tito at rumford.de
Tue Apr 15 17:42:47 CEST 2008

Florian Faber:

> How about this: You do what you want with the consumer boards, and
> leave the pro guys alone. Pro drivers are not 'broken' if they
> don't implement such a 'feature', they are pro drivers.

Would you take a minute and reconsider this old distinction
between "consumer" and "professional"?

In the end it's not the card, it's not the freaking driver. It's the
person, of course.

If I would have to make a living from handling expensive audio gear
responsibly I'd reach for the right hardware fader *before* I ran
anything that could come up rolling and screaming.

Wolfgang