[alsa-devel] ASoC for TI OMAP - alsa-devel submission?

Jarkko Nikula jarkko.nikula at nokia.com
Thu Apr 3 07:56:10 CEST 2008

On Wed, 2 Apr 2008 12:00:54 +0100
"ext Mark Brown" <broonie at opensource.wolfsonmicro.com> wrote:

> On Wed, Apr 02, 2008 at 01:45:30PM +0300, Jarkko Nikula wrote:
>
> > So what I mean that should I post the patch like as it now, rebased
> > to dev branch of linux-2.6-asoc tree and with some minor changes,
> > or wait a bit when all linux-omap and ASoC v2 evolve? What you
> > think?
>
> Whatever is most convenient for you.  From the point of view of
> getting stuff in immediately it's best to base things on ASoC v1
> though from an ongoing development point of view ASoC v2 is a better
> target if you can cope with any churn and hopefully we should be
> starting to push it into the kernel within the next couple of release
> cycles so if it's going to take a while to get the required BSP
> changes in...

I'll think I have to go for both :-)

The first ASoC v1 based version I would mostly like to see as an
enabler for getting n different ALSA implementation we have in
linux-omap tree to be ported for ASoC. Especially codec drivers. Or to
have an another DAI link driver for EAC (Enhanced Audio Controller)
found in OMAP2420.

The v2 I see also as mandatory path. We already do have boards with
multiple DAI links and codecs: e.g. audio codec + audio link to
bluetooth chip.

I'll simplify a bit my patch, base it to alsa-dev and post it here soon.

--
Jarkko