[alsa-devel] ESI MAYA44 driver status

Clément Guedez klem.dev at gmail.com
Fri Sep 21 10:17:40 CEST 2007

Hello Rene,

Sorry not have answer before, I check my mails so late.
Also from the architecture Ctirad explains, making a driver for the Maya44
is 'doable', the VIA envy24ht chip is already support, so it would be easier
as with the WT192M. The things to do is to fine the documentation of the
codec Wolfson WM8776 (join) and adjust the front-end as I do for the WT192M.
It's not much work, but it seems that's only I²S bus support on this codec
and not I²C, and I don't how I²S is actually implemented in linux kernel or
alsa.
Also I have some work to finish on the ESI WT192M (db scale for level, some
missing input).
But if you want any help it's ok.

Good luck
Clément