[alsa-devel] ESI MAYA44 driver status

Rene Herman rene.herman at gmail.com
Mon Sep 3 12:29:13 CEST 2007

On 09/03/2007 10:44 AM, Adrian McMenamin wrote:

> On 02/09/07, Rene Herman <rene.herman at gmail.com> wrote:

>> If you feel you'll be okay getting a driver going starting from nothing but
>> an email address, great!
>>
>> Especially given that hardware would need to be supplied -- which ofcourse
>> to some degree means committing upfront -- I would want to first flaunder
>> around on my own a bit while judging whether or not I'd be capable in the
>> first place and judging what information I'd need from the contact. I also
>> expect the same holds for more subscribers so if you _are_ willing to start
>> under these conditions, I'd say go for it.
>>

> If you'd bothered to talk to the company rather than spoit

[ ... ]

I didn't "spoit" and certainly not in the message you are now replying to.
Earlier I said the pre-conception as though ESI would be supporting ALSA
instead of the other way around rather annoyed me, and it did. Moreover,
while I only speak for myself I seemed to notice a similar sentiment in at
least one other list member and while we were just sitting here trying to
not offend anyone, Piotr was growing desperate.

After giving up on the "just sitting there", things seem to be moving again.
As said, great if you are going to take it!

Rene.