[alsa-devel] Routing multiple signals to one output with ice1712 (Delta 66)

Alan Horstmann gineera at aspect135.co.uk
Wed Sep 19 11:43:59 CEST 2007

On Wednesday 19 September 2007 09:38, Mathis Hofer wrote:
> Hi folks
>
> I want to setup the following audio routing:
> pcm + input1 (mic) + input2 (mic) -> output1
> pcm + input1 (mic) + input2 (mic) -> output2
> ...with pcm being the audio playback and input1&2 being two microphones.
>
> With envy24control it is possible to select one signal for each output,
> but not multiple signals. Is this a restriction of envy24control, the
> alsa driver or is it simply not supported by the hardware?

What you are talking about is really mixing the streams in addition to
routing.  Envy24control basically gives you all the hardware options of the
chip.  The ice1712 (=envy24 chip) includes a hardware mixer which can be
routed to HWOut1 and HWOut2 using envy24control, but not to other outputs.
This will allow any inputs and any PCM streams to be mixed.  Note that these
mixer settings can be controlled from an external MIDI control surface also!

I am sure there are also software options.

Alan