[alsa-devel] How do I update the ALSA SoundCard Matrix?

Rene Herman rene.herman at gmail.com
Thu Sep 13 19:36:12 CEST 2007

On 09/13/2007 05:10 PM, Timur Tabi wrote:

> I'm looking at
> http://bugtrack.alsa-project.org/main/index.php/Matrix:Main. I'm trying
> to add information on the CS4270 driver that I wrote, but I just don't
> get it.  I know how to edit normal Wiki pages, but this looks different.
>
> It looks like all the information is obtained from some database
> somewhere.
>
> This page
>
> http://bugtrack.alsa-project.org/main/index.php/Help:Howto-Edit
>
> supposedly tells me how to edit, but it's useless.  It doesn't really
> tell me *how* to edit, it just tells me that it can.
>
> So what am I missing?  How do I add information on a new driver?  I'll
> need to add information on a new vendor soon, too.

When I added/updated a few things a while ago, I just did everything
manually, working from example. Added various cards here:

http://www.alsa-project.org/main/index.php/Matrix:Vendor-Terratec

and created a new vendor page for AdLib, which probably serves nicely as a
minimal template:

http://www.alsa-project.org/main/index.php/Matrix:Vendor-AdLib

The information in the current matrix was transferred from an older non-wiki
matrix but as far as I know, this simple manual editing is all there's to it
now. I'll admit I lost my way in the TerraTec page a few times since it gets
fairly clumsy, but well, just refresh and check a lot before you commit ;-)

Rene.