[alsa-devel] patch for Dell 1210 which using stac9221 codec

zhejiang zhe.jiang at intel.com
Fri Oct 19 08:02:43 CEST 2007

On Thu, 2007-10-18 at 22:55 +0800, Takashi Iwai wrote:
> At Thu, 18 Oct 2007 10:49:16 +0800,
> zhejiang wrote:
> >
> > Hi,
> >
> > Dell 1210 have three jacks on the front.
> > Two of them serve as output jack and one serve as microphone.
> > The microphone can be switched to output model too.
> >
> > There are some problems with current dell 1210 driver:
> > 1.Unable to use the front microphone
> > 2.Unable to switch the microphone
> > 3.If plug the left hp,another hp will be muted,so it's impossible to
> > work as 6-channel
> >
> > According to the issue 0003427 on alsa-bugzilla,
>
> Oops is bad.  Does it still happen with the latest HG tree?
> This should be fixed urgently at first.

The oops won't happen with the latest HG tree.
The reason of the oops is that there is no input pin.

Now the snd_hda_input_mux_put() will check the input_mux.num_items,
if it is equal to zero,snd_hda_input_mux_put() will return directly
and avoid the oops.

> > I wrote a patch and the reporter helped me to test it on his
> machine.
> > It can support the front microphone. When switch the microphone to
> > output model, it can mute/unmute the internal speaker with
> jack-sensing.
>
> Thanks for the patch.  I have little time right now for checking in
> details, but the changes appear in fairly deep level.

Yes,It's hard to support such kind of machine with current
stac92xx_parse_auto_config().So my patch changed so many generic
functions. :-).

> I think we should rather fix the current code to handle multiple
> headphones better than the ad-hoc fixes.  Surely there will be other
> models that require similar fixes (if you see Dell has shipped how
> many different variants :)
> Takashi

Great!
I think this model should support:
1.Each headphone can mute the internal speaker.
2.Even the Front mic can work output jack
3.When mic works as output jack,it can mute the internal speaker too.

Does this make sense? Thanks!

I would like to try to do it.