[alsa-devel] snd-hdsp & digiface

Tue Oct 2 00:19:08 CEST 2007

Hi... We are using both digiface and multiface interfaces here at ccrma
and we have a (small) problem of consistency in the channel numbering
because of the way they are connected. Both cards are connected
digitally to digital mixers, but in the case of the multiface the
digital channels (which would be the ones users use) are 9-16 while on
the digiface the first eight are 1-8[*].

Is there a way to change the ordering in the multiface so that the
digital interface is presented as ports 1-8 instead of 9-16? (even a
hack to the driver would be welcome) - and preferably one that does not
need the default interface to be changed from hw:0 in jack...

-- Fernando

[*] accounts are shared so any configuration you do on one machine for
1-8 will be wrong for the other where the real outputs are 9-16.