[alsa-devel] alsa-devel on vger

Rene Herman rene.herman at keyaccess.nl
Sun Nov 25 21:27:31 CET 2007

On 25-11-07 20:46, Jaroslav Kysela wrote:

> On Sun, 25 Nov 2007, Rene Herman wrote:
>
>>> I tried to count some statistics and at the time spamassassin and
>>> mailman filtering rules catch 92% of spam messages coming to
>>> alsa-devel. Unfortunately remaining 8% means 20 spam messages daily
>>> (without moderation). Could moderators confirm this value?
>> No, has too be significantly more, although it varies somewhat per day.
>> But I alone moderate out more than that on average and I'm not alone.
>> Are there no "discarded messages" statistic available from the
>> moderation interface?
>
>>From mailman logs (May 04 - today):
>
> Total held messages: 2922 (including approved ones)
> Approved held messages: 419

That would be (2922 - 419) / ($-20070504) ~= 12/day. I'll pay attention for
a bit, but that really doesn't sound right...

> Also note that ~143 held messages were approved on Nov 14 and Nov 15 (CCed
> thread from LKML - New Kernel Bugs).
>
> I hope that all moderators are receiving notification about held messages,
> so it's no a problem to just check a list and login to mailman interface
> only when a non-spam (or not clear) message is on the list. I just
> configured mailman that all messages older than 4 days will be
> automatically discarded.

I get them at least. You are a bit quick in snipping the arguments before
this though. Did you try asking David Miller if the list could be at vger
while keeping the alsa-devel at alsa-project.org name going?

Rene.