[alsa-devel] New developer question

Takashi Iwai tiwai at suse.de
Tue Nov 13 12:38:48 CET 2007

At Tue, 13 Nov 2007 15:07:04 +0000,
Pete Fawcett wrote:

> Dear Alsa Developers
>
> I am trying to find out how to submit some fixes to ALSA drivers.  All I
> could find on the web site was to subscribe to this mailing list so I
> hope this is the correct place to raise this.
>
> I have made some changes to the driver for AD1988 device.  This is an
> HDA device and handled by the snd_hda_intel module.  The specific
> hardware is handled by patch_analog.c
>
> I have made some changes so that 5.1 surround sound is now output on my
> motherboard. Previously stereo sound was output to all all three pairs
> of speakers.

Did you use "surround51" PCM?  Otherwise 5.1 output isn't activated.

> That's all fine for me, but in the spirit of open source I thought I
> should submit these changes for wider use.
>
> Please advise me how I proceed from here.

Simply send your patch to this ML (and add me to Cc to be sure).
We'll review the patch and merge to the upstream if appropriate.

In the case of patches for ALSA drivers, we need your sign-off so that
it can be merged to the upstream linux kernel tree.
See $LINUX_KERNEL/Documentation/SubmittingPatches for details.

thanks,