[alsa-devel] New developer question

Pete Fawcett pete at fawcett.co.uk
Tue Nov 13 16:07:04 CET 2007

Dear Alsa Developers

I am trying to find out how to submit some fixes to ALSA drivers.  All I
could find on the web site was to subscribe to this mailing list so I
hope this is the correct place to raise this.

I have made some changes to the driver for AD1988 device.  This is an
HDA device and handled by the snd_hda_intel module.  The specific
hardware is handled by patch_analog.c

I have made some changes so that 5.1 surround sound is now output on my
motherboard. Previously stereo sound was output to all all three pairs
of speakers.

That's all fine for me, but in the spirit of open source I thought I
should submit these changes for wider use.

Please advise me how I proceed from here.

Thanks

Pete