[alsa-devel] No sound from usb on Motorola C350 cellphone

John Utz john.utz at dmx.com
Mon Nov 12 19:39:47 CET 2007

Hi All;

I think this is a totally fascinating thing and i hope it will be
possible to make it work.....

onto the specifics

On Mon, 12 Nov 2007 19:14:06 +0500
"Alexander E. Patrakov" <patrakov at gmail.com> wrote:

> Giovanni Maruzzelli wrote:
> > Needs more info, tests?
>
> If you can make the audio functionality work under Windows 2000 or XP
> with the new (non-standard) driver, snoopy logs will be interesting.
> Snoopy is available from http://www.wingmanteam.com/usbsnoopy/ or
> (different version) http://sourceforge.net/projects/usbsnoop/

i am not staring at the USB code right now (it's on a different box),
but i would think that one of the first things that you might need to
uncover is the USB device string. It may be offered up as part of the
device probe when it's attached (check in dmesg) or you may find it in
a registry or .inf file on the windows file system after you install
the drivers.

if it's a class compliant device, then it may just work once alsa get's
taught about it (dont hold me to that, i am not looking at code)

however, as one of you alluded to, there may be an AT command that
needs to get tickled to turn it on.

the other annoying thing to consider is that it may actually be probe
and connected, but you havent yet figured out how to turn up the
volume :-( (yes, that happens)

i'll be really curious about this, so please continue to share with
the list....

tnx!

johnu