[alsa-devel] Reasonable sound hardware parameters?

Lorenz Kolb alsa-dev at lkmail.de
Tue May 29 21:15:09 CEST 2007

On Tue, 29 May 2007 Jaroslav wrote:

> Yes, I know about Linux flexibility, but I'm curious what's special in
> your hardware platform - or what was the reason to design a new
> platform
> (you mentioned that main CPU is not very powerful). Several PC based
> platforms exist with Geode or VIA processors which has enough I/Os
> integrated including AC97 sound and PCI slots for further expansion..
> Maybe size of final product or a special acceleration?
>
> 						Jaroslav

Ok, now I got Your point. The project is all about being highly energy
efficient, flexible and provide massive parallelism (and we are not talking
about just 4 cores like in an Intel). Unfortunately size matters as well and
you'll guess it: it has to be cost efficient. Probably You know the word
"eierlegende Wollmilchsau" (dict.leo.org translates it with: "all-in-one
device suitable for every purpose" though the humor gets lost with that
translation), actually that's the goal.

Regards,

Lorenz