[alsa-devel] No state is present for card CMI8738

Takashi Iwai tiwai at suse.de
Mon May 21 18:05:08 CEST 2007

At Fri, 18 May 2007 16:42:51 +0200 (CEST),
Tomas Pospisek's Mailing Lists wrote:

> Since I got no feedback neither here nor on the users list, may I ask why?
>
> * is it that nobody knows the answer to my question?
> * or is it because the question is stupid (as in: read the FAQ, the wiki,
>    the archive and use google (all of which did not help me btw.))

Because you pasted the whole things below your signature.
I didn't read texts below the signature because they are usually
quoted texts.

Regarding the alsactl problem.  When alsactl returns 'no state is
present', then it's not necessarily a driver problem but could be
rather a system problem.  At least, you have to figure out what is the
cause. For example, check /proc/asound/cards whether the driver is
really loaded when you call alsactl.