[alsa-devel] Newbie questions regarding ALSA drivers

Pharaoh . pharaoh137 at gmail.com
Thu May 17 16:21:30 CEST 2007

Hi,
I am very new to ALSA and just trying to get familier with the things, I
have
got few questions.

1. Is it true that all the OSS drivers are included only in directory
linux/sound/oss  and no where else?
2. There are arch specific folders like ARM, MIPS etc, so all the drivers in
these folders are ALSA or OSS?
3. If I write a new driver for an OMAP based board, it should go in to
linux/sound/arm/omap/ right? Or only ALSA drivers for this board should go
there?
4. I have some old OSS drivers
which were written for my board, do I need to make them ALSA drivers
to be in line with the latest trend i.e. phasing out OSS drivers?

-Pharaoh.