[alsa-devel] Steinberg Midex 8 driver development

Norman Schleicher NormanSchleicher at gmx.de
Tue May 15 11:35:57 CEST 2007

I am currently on development for the Steinberg Midex8 USB driver.

At the moment I can send notes to my Midi equipment via this device. Receiving is currently not implemented.

My questions are:
1. Are there any tools to test the Alsa-Midi compatiblity ?
2. May I release some milestone results to the Alsa project ? Eg when the driver supports a small subset of send commands supported by midi.
3. What are the requirements to get released in an official alsa release package ?
4. Who is responsible for the version management ? Where can I read how the source code is organized in the repository and how to manage tags and branches for the development ?(I don't need an introduction how to use CVS, thats clear for me.)

Regards Norman