[alsa-devel] alsa driver api

Ciaccia ciacciax at yahoo.com
Wed May 2 19:56:18 CEST 2007

Hi Michel,
Maybe you are referring to my post. I always use alsa-lib to send data to the driver, I think it is the easiest way and preferred way.

Months ago I wanted to do the same (i.e. send data to the alsa-driver without alsa-lib) but then I understood this was not the right way. I'm not saying you cannot or should not try that, but from my experience (I spent a lot of time) it's not going to work.

The problem I had was that my system did not support shared objects, nor -ldl, so I could not user the "standard" alsa-lib (which usually require pthread, dl, an *.so). Then Takashi gave me a patch for that, and now I'm an happy "static" alsa-lib user.

Maybe one of the gurus (Takashi?) will give you some tips, but I think you really need a good reason for that.

Good luck, sorry for not helping you
Andrea