[alsa-devel] snd-es1968 capture broken

Rene Herman rene.herman at gmail.com
Tue Mar 27 18:29:57 CEST 2007

On 03/27/2007 04:09 PM, Rene Herman wrote:

> Given a relative unfamiliarity with the "inner alsa innards", I'm not
> too likely to find it but if it's hard for you, give me a few days and
> I'll try. Any and all "look here and there" pointers welcome...

As a first try, I tried a 2.6.10 kernel (alsa 1.0.6) coupled with 1.0.6
lib and utils but the problem is present there as well. Which is fairly
odd, since I have a significantly more recently captured source which is
fine; I guess I _might_ have had a cs46xx card installed then...

I described the problem as a "stutter" but maybe that's not the best
description; it's a "ticking" sound behind/over the actual captured
sound. It's hard to hear if the sound is correct other than that; if I
keep the "Capture" control at 0 dB, it's very soft and when I start
upping it, it starts distorting (which doesn't surprise me; I keep chip
gains at max 0 dB almost religiously since they all distort).

With this one the sound's so distorted at max gain it's almost turned
into white noise though. Mmm, I'll try on windows again (where as said
the capture's okay) if that's actually expected...

Rene