[alsa-devel] capture line-out

Rene Herman rene.herman at gmail.com
Mon Mar 26 18:07:46 CEST 2007

On 03/26/2007 06:15 PM, Tomas Carnecky wrote:

> Hm.. but if the card has multiple capture sources, does the ALSA API
> allow to select which source to capture?

A driver writer would, I imagine, export the functionalty as a seperate
capture device; /dev/snd/pcmC0D1c, /proc/asound/card0/pcm1c, hw:0,1, ..

So, yes, one app would capture from hw:0,0 and the other from hw:0,1

> It's really a bummer that it's not possible on simple soundcards, and
> I'm wondering how Fraps[1] works together with TeamSpeak (under
> Windows though, but I'd imagine they'd have the same problem).

Err, yes. I don't know, but does Teamspeak use the Windows API? If so,
maybe Fraps captures at the DirectX level and then shoves it back into
the API so that Windows doesn't even notice. Only guessing...

Rene.