[alsa-devel] capture line-out

Tomas Carnecky tom at dbservice.com
Mon Mar 26 18:15:35 CEST 2007

Rene Herman wrote:
> On 03/26/2007 04:40 PM, Tomas Carnecky wrote:
>
>> Thanks. Works great on my ICE1724. But there's one small problem: I
>> need to capture both 'Mic' and 'Mix' - but independently from
>> different applications. I want TeamSpeak capture 'Mic' and my app
>> capture 'Mix'. is that possible?
>
> It's not something that can be done just through software; the card
> needs to provide multiple independent capture sources...

Hm.. but if the card has multiple capture sources, does the ALSA API
allow to select which source to capture?

It's really a bummer that it's not possible on simple soundcards, and
I'm wondering how Fraps[1] works together with TeamSpeak (under Windows
though, but I'd imagine they'd have the same problem).

tom

[1] http://www.fraps.com/