[alsa-devel] RESUBSCRIBE - New alsa-devel mailing list

Jaroslav Kysela perex at suse.cz
Tue Mar 20 18:25:59 CET 2007

On Tue, 20 Mar 2007, Rene Herman wrote:

> On 03/20/2007 03:58 PM, Jaroslav Kysela wrote:
>
> > because never ending story with SF services, I quickly setup new
> > mailman alsa-devel list on new ALSA server (we'll get working list
> > archive as bonus).
>
> [ ... ]
>
> > The posts from non-members are moderated now!
>
> Thank you, that should improve things. I suppose a non-subcriber doesn't
> get a message they're in a moderation queue? I already have a few spam

No, they don't. Messages are on hold until moderator process them.

> messages in my "moderation requests folder" so I guess this would amount
> to sending hundreds of replies to spammers...
>
> The spam that currently entered my moderation request folder says things
> like:
>
>    Content preview:  Spam detection software, running on the system
>    "alsa0.alsa-project.org", has identified this incoming email as
>    possible spam.
>
>     [ ... ]
>
>     Content analysis details:   (10.4 points, 5.0 required)
>
> and everything it so marked is quite obvious spam. To quickly moderate
> I'd believe these might as well just be discarded automatically, with
> only the ones that were refused just because of non-subscriber put on
> the moderation queue. I don't know mailman, but I suppose it should be
> able to do that?

I already figured what to set for mailman, so these messages are already
discarded automatically (I hope). If it's not true (for
mailman.alsa-project.org), please, notify me.

						Jaroslav

-----
Jaroslav Kysela <perex at suse.cz>
Linux Kernel Sound Maintainer