[alsa-devel] RESUBSCRIBE - New alsa-devel mailing list

Rene Herman rene.herman at gmail.com
Tue Mar 20 17:18:41 CET 2007

On 03/20/2007 03:58 PM, Jaroslav Kysela wrote:

> because never ending story with SF services, I quickly setup new
> mailman alsa-devel list on new ALSA server (we'll get working list
> archive as bonus).

[ ... ]

> The posts from non-members are moderated now!

Thank you, that should improve things. I suppose a non-subcriber doesn't
get a message they're in a moderation queue? I already have a few spam
messages in my "moderation requests folder" so I guess this would amount
to sending hundreds of replies to spammers...

The spam that currently entered my moderation request folder says things
like:

   Content preview:  Spam detection software, running on the system
   "alsa0.alsa-project.org", has identified this incoming email as
   possible spam.

    [ ... ]

and everything it so marked is quite obvious spam. To quickly moderate
I'd believe these might as well just be discarded automatically, with
only the ones that were refused just because of non-subscriber put on
the moderation queue. I don't know mailman, but I suppose it should be
able to do that?

If then after a while the spam filtering on alsa-project.org grows more
effective and we see that we only/mostly get valid postings in the
moderation queue, we can advice to open up again.

Rene.