[alsa-devel] Creative Soundblaster X-Fi

Tim Laszlo tim.laszlo at gmail.com
Tue Jun 26 21:23:27 CEST 2007

Has anyone worked on developing an open source driver for the sound blaster
x-fi cards?  I've been sitting on one for about a year (mental note check
support *before* buying..) and would love to use it already...  Creative has
promised drivers but they seem to be in no rush to support Linux.  I'd like
to try my hand at working on a driver for this, but without any technical
specs from creative I wouldn't really know where to begin.  Anyone have any
suggestions on how to start?  Anyone worked on this yet?  Am I nuts for even
considering this??

Timl