[alsa-devel] Creative Soundblaster X-Fi

Shinichiro HIDA shinichiro at stained-g.net
Fri Jun 29 04:32:18 CEST 2007

Hi,

;; Soryy for I am not a developer.. just a little info.

> Has anyone worked on developing an open source driver for the sound blaster
> x-fi cards?  I've been sitting on one for about a year (mental note check
> support *before* buying..) and would love to use it already...  Creative has
> promised drivers but they seem to be in no rush to support Linux.  I'd like
> to try my hand at working on a driver for this, but without any technical
> specs from creative I wouldn't really know where to begin.  Anyone have any
> suggestions on how to start?  Anyone worked on this yet?  Am I nuts for even
> considering this??

heh heh.. I bought SB0790(X-Fi XtremeAudio PCI) last month. snd_ca0106
driver attached to this card with alsa-driver-1.0.14, but I have no
sound yet.

;; I do not have other OS on this machine, play only with Linux.

I dumped some information with lspci, hwinfo etc.. at
http://www.stained-g.net/wiki/shinichiro/index.php?Creative.X-Fi.XtremeAudio

;; Sorry for my wiki was frozen for blocking wiki-spams.

  Shinichiro HIDA  shinichiro at stained-g.net
  GPG fingerprint = 5F2D 1656 FFF6 F691 A51C  5E61 E416 D398 470C 1CE9