[alsa-devel] Steps get aplay and arecord working on an embedded board

Pharaoh . pharaoh137 at gmail.com
Fri Jun 22 13:36:07 CEST 2007

Thanks Nobin, but I have few queries:

1. /proc/asound is as expected.
2. I have set my default mixer settings in driver itself, so can I
bypass setting them once gain through mixer interface? Can I not use
mixer interface currently?
3. What does alsa.conf do? What about .asoundrc ? I am not familier
with these things and don't know how should I set them up if needed.
4. Basically, I have just configured and compiled the alsa-lib and
utils and got them on the board.

5.When I use aplay directly then it just hangs at the very first step
i.e. hangs after execv(aplay), strace showed it.