[alsa-devel] probing state of high definition audio card in windows / SigmaTel STAC9221 microphone problems

Tobin Davis tdavis at dsl-only.net
Sat Jun 9 01:07:47 CEST 2007

For Sigmatel Codecs, this is correct.  You need to look at the verb
tables in the inf file.  Other HD Audio drivers have the verb tables
built into the driver, and the inf file just tells the driver which
table to use.

As to building a program to gather this information, I have actually
been thinking of adding a virtual hal to Xen that would imitate an HD
Audio bus.  This way, I could see what the driver is doing, just by
running Windows in a virtual machine.  I need to see if this violates
any reverse engineering regulations first.

Tobin

Tobin Davis <tdavis at dsl-only.net>