[alsa-devel] SuSE 9.1 on Toshiba Satellite A105 - S4004

Neeraj Vaidya neeraj.vaidya at yahoo.co.in
Tue Jul 24 09:21:09 CEST 2007

Hi,

I've installed this distro on my toshiba laptop.
In YaST , when I try to configure the sound card , it says no sound card detected.

To cut a long story short , I do not get any sounds to work on my laptop.
Sound works beautifully on XP , but I am trying to migrate all of my routine activities to linux ;)

I am a newbie to the ALSA mailing list. Have a feeling that something to do with ALSA configuration can help me sort out this problem.

When I run lspci , I do not see any audio card as being detected.

Can someone please help me out ?  Also , send me some diagnostic steps , if not the entire solution , so that we can sort this out in a series of emails , if the entire solution can not be provided in one email.

Thanks in Advance!
-Neeraj