[alsa-devel] Install of alsa 1.0.14.final on Fedora 7

stan stanl at cox.net
Sun Jul 15 21:47:00 CEST 2007

On Sat, 14 Jul 2007 15:41:21 -0700
stan <stanl at cox.net> wrote:
> And the sound is missing from my app whether I use default or
> plughw:0,0 now. The plughw:0,0 seems to setup OK and the app shows
> that it continues to send output, it just doesn't sound. Seems like
> it is just a small glitch somewhere.  Could be leftovers from the
> cleaned up install too.

Couldn't get this to work as long as I was using time based buffer
allocation.  As soon as I switched back to using size based buffer
allocation, sound was working again.  And as a bonus, the original
problem I reported about high data rates not working under 1.0.14.rc3
went away.  I suspect something somewhere got updated with 1.0.14.final
and is still there despite my efforts to remove everything.  And it
works for both plughw:0,0 and default, though there is some speed
degradation using default compared to plughw:0,0.  I can run
plughw:0,0 at 96000 without underruns, but default has a few underruns
at that rate on the test file.