[alsa-devel] Install of alsa 1.0.14.final on Fedora 7

stan stanl at cox.net
Fri Jul 13 21:48:43 CEST 2007

On Fri, 13 Jul 2007 08:53:47 -0700
tdavis at dsl-only.net wrote:

> For RPM based systems, I have a build environment for the drivers,
> libs, and utils packages at
> http://members.dsl-only.net/~tdavis/my-build.tar.bz2.  You need to
> be root to build them, but they won't interfere with your rpm
> distribution.  THe driver rpm will also make a backup of your
> current drivers prior to installation.
>
> Tobin

Hi Tobin,

I unpacked the archive and typed make.  It created 4 RPMs.
Two of them installed, alsa-lib and alsa-lib-devel.  When I run a test
on the drivers rpm, there are conflicts with the kernel headers already
on the box.  And I have no sound now, except in the audio configuration
screen which is using the 14.rc3 packages.  The packages are named with
rh7 instead of fc7 as well.

Do I have to run make install to get everything working, or is the
header incompatability in the drivers a show stopper?

Thanks.