[alsa-devel] dmix and sounds less than 64kb

Aaron "Caustik" Robinson caustik at gmail.com
Sat Jul 7 05:28:13 CEST 2007

We have been having one heck of a time tracking down the cause of some ALSA
audio playback issues.

It appears that any time we play a very short sound (<64kb), either the
sound doesn't play at all, or only a fragment of it plays. We haven't had
much luck finding a solution to this issue, then I found this thread on the
history of this email group:

Our problem is pretty much exactly like his issues relating to <64k sounds.

My question is - has anybody else run into this problem? To the OP of the
above thread, if you're still listening - did you ever find a solution to
your problem? I'd be very interested to hear any help you can provide.

Thanks much,