[alsa-devel] intel-hd on an intel G33 motherboard

De Fuuss fuuss at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 26 19:42:45 CET 2007

Maybe I'm missing something, but I've failed to get even the slightest noise out of the onboard sound card from a Intel G33 motherboard. I tried the alsa drivers from the alsa-driver-1.0.15 package as well as the the alsa drivers provided by kernel 2.6.23 (built as modules), to no avail.

The sound chip is identified as a Intel HDA / Realtek ALC888 on the Intel G33 ICH9 motherboard.

After reading some of the documentation from the ALSA site and googling through half the internet I haven't found out yet if this specific sound card is supported by ALSA and if some module options must be passed (such as options snd-intel-hda model=.....).

Could somebody be so kind as to point me into the right direction?

Thank you.

Best regards,