[alsa-devel] intel-hd on an intel G33 motherboard

Tobin Davis tdavis at dsl-only.net
Wed Dec 26 20:30:28 CET 2007

Try "model=3stack-6ch".  Also, if you look in the
alsa-driver-1.0.15/alsa-kernel/Documentation/Alsa-Configuration.txt
file, there are other models you can select for the alc883/888 codec.

Let me know if this works and I'll add your system to the driver.

Tobin

On Wed, 2007-12-26 at 18:42 +0000, De Fuuss wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Maybe I'm missing something, but I've failed to get even the slightest
>  noise out of the onboard sound card from a Intel G33 motherboard. I
>  tried the alsa drivers from the alsa-driver-1.0.15 package as well as
>  the the alsa drivers provided by kernel 2.6.23 (built as modules), to
>  no avail.
>
> The sound chip is identified as a Intel HDA / Realtek ALC888 on the Intel G33 ICH9 motherboard.
>
> After reading some of the documentation from the ALSA site and googling through half the internet I haven't found out yet if this specific sound card is supported by ALSA and if some module options must be passed (such as options snd-intel-hda model=.....).
>
> Could somebody be so kind as to point me into the right direction?
>
> Thank you.
>
> Best regards,
>
> Patrick

Tobin Davis

TONY RANDALL!  Is YOUR life a PATIO of FUN??