[alsa-devel] Realtek ALC883 support on Albatron KI690-AM2 motherboard

Andrew Paprocki andrew at ishiboo.com
Mon Dec 3 20:13:22 CET 2007

Takashi,

Thanks, I'll work on getting this upgraded and post results. Some
things I noticed while looking over patch-realtek.c:

1) There is no enum defining the different NID values. The hex values
are used all over the code and you always have to keep referring back
to the list. Would a patch be accepted to convert the hex values to a
proper enum? It makes the code more clear to someone who hasn't looked
at the chipset datasheet before. I see the complete list in the ALC883
datasheet, but I'm not sure if it is specific to the ALC883 or if it
is defined by each HDA spec revision.

2) There does not appear to be an ALC883 profile which sets all
available NIDs to output. In my case, I am attempting to get as many
stereo outputs as possible from the chipset and I do not care at all
about capturing audio. The 6stack profile does not set the pin
configurations for the MIC1/2 and LINE1/2 NIDs. Would a new model be
required if I want to attempt to configure all possible NIDs for
output? Should this be called "all-out"?

3) I noticed a few discrepancies with the hda header files and the
ALC883 documentation in regards to bits being checked for a few
values. I'll follow up with those once I'm back in front of the code.

-Andrew