[alsa-devel] MPC5200 I2S driver for ASoC

Timur Tabi timur at freescale.com
Wed Aug 1 19:53:33 CEST 2007

lokowich wrote:
> I'm integrating a ALSA driver for an MPC5200 into the ASoC layer,
> similar to my successful effort for a PXA255 board.

Can you provide your code?  I'm working on ASoC support for another MPC SOC, so we need to
synchronize our development.

> I'm modeling the
> DMA and ALSA interfaces per ac97mgt driver found in the Lite5200B BSP,
> rather than the BestComm API example in the 2.4 kernel.  The
> speaker-test with 400Hz sine wave is working, but has a slight audible
> jitter.  A wav file output using aplay produces white noise.

What kind of audio samples are you trying to play?  Since the MPC5200 is typically
big-endian, you probably can only play S16_BE samples instead of S16_LE samples.

--
Timur Tabi
Linux Kernel Developer @ Freescale