[alsa-devel] Apple iMac pin configs

Ivan N. Zlatev contact at i-nz.net
Fri Apr 27 22:07:32 CEST 2007

I have a 20'' iMac machine with a hda-intel (SigmaTel 9221 A1 codec)
and I have successfully been using the mac mini pin config, but there
is one problem - the microphone doesn't work. The machine has a
built-in microphone, built-in speakers, 1 digitial out jack and 1 for
headphones. With the mac mini pin config I get 2 mics: "Front Mic" and
"Mic" but none of those works. (alsamixer-macmini.gz for info).

Today I spent some time on the search for the the correct pin
configuration and it should be this [1] according to the windows
drivers. This configuration causes amixer.gz, basically 1 "Mic" (which
again doesn't record), but also "Mic as Output" and "Line in as
output" (I don't have a line in as far as i know). I have also tried
the macbook-pro and macbook introduced with 1.0.14rc3, but the mic
doesn't work.

I have attached
  * cat /proc/asound/card0/codec#0
  * Mac OS X's complete dump of information of the audio driver -
  * amixer with the below config and the one with the macmini pin config

Can you possible assist me to get the below pin config in tune, so
that everything works?

[1] ==========

CfgDflt = dword: 0x0121E230
Action = hex: 01,0A,81,0C,81,10
CfgDflt = dword: 0x90A70120
CfgDflt = dword: 0x9017E110
CfgDflt = dword: 0x400000FE
CfgDflt = dword: 0x400000FD
Action = hex: 01,10,81,0A,81,0C
CfgDflt = dword: 0x0181E02E
Action = hex: 09,0F
CfgDflt = dword: 0x1145E240
CfgDflt = dword: 0x500000FA
CfgDflt = dword: 0x400000FC
CfgDflt = dword: 0x400000FB

Ivan N. Zlatev

Web: http://www.i-nZ.net
"It's all some kind of whacked out conspiracy."