[alsa-devel] porter wanted: AMD Geode SCx200 driver OSS to ALSA

Martin-Éric Racine q-funk at iki.fi
Fri Apr 27 16:06:30 CEST 2007

Greetings,

I work for a company that develops hardware using the AMD Geode chipset.

While our current product line is based on the Geode LX model (which
is very well supported in ALSA), our legacy products are based on the
earlier Geode SC1200 and SC2200, for which no ALSA support exists.

However, AMD has OSS driver source code available at:

http://www.amd.com/us-en/ConnectivitySolutions/TechnicalResources/0,,50_2334_2452_11363,00.html

We basically need this ported to an ALSA snd-scx200 module to replace it.

(Would now also be a good time to ask for snd-sc5535audio to be
renamed snd-sc5535 for consistence with other driver names?)

We could provide a sample SC2200-based unit to whoever volunteers for
porting AMD's old OSS code to ALSA,  Please contact me for details.

The resulting code will be directly submitted to the ALSA project for
inclusion in the mainstream kernel, to make sure that everyone can
benefit from it.

Best Regards,
--
Martin-Éric Racine