[alsa-devel] CS4270 supported?

Liam Girdwood lg at opensource.wolfsonmicro.com
Thu Apr 19 12:53:59 CEST 2007

On Wed, 2007-04-18 at 12:56 -0500, Timur Tabi wrote:
> Liam Girdwood wrote:

> Now I have a stupid question.  I may need to write an ALSA driver for the 2.6.20 kernel,
> which doesn't have ASoC.  Can you (or someone) give me a summary of much more work that
> would be for me, vs. an ASoC driver?

This really depends on your platform atm. It's pretty much the same work
if your platform and codec is not currently supported.

However, if your platform is supported (i.e. pxa2xx, AR91xxxx, S3C24xx &
i.MX31) then adding a codec driver is trivial (probably 1 weeks effort
for your codec). Alternatively, if only the codec is supported then you
have to add the platform code (i.e. audio DMA, I2S, etc).

If your platform and codec are both supported then it's only a day or
two to write a machine driver to glue both together.

Liam