[alsa-devel] ALSA Wiki

Dominique Dumont domi at komarr.grenoble.hp.com
Thu Apr 12 11:06:31 CEST 2007

Takashi Iwai <tiwai at suse.de> writes:

> The biggest (and most important) challenge would be the transition of
> sound-card matrix to wiki pages.  So far, it was managed by a db and
> displayed as a big table.  On Wiki, should it be simply separate pages
> containing each sound card?  Or a better way to represent?

1 page per soundcard may lead to a lot fo duplicate information.

I'd suggest a structure similar to the current database:
- 1 page per sound card manufacturer with a list of card which contain
  a link the the module's page
- 1 page per module which may feature quirks for specific chip or

Dominique Dumont
"Delivering successful solutions requires giving people what they
need, not what they want." Kurt Bittner