[alsa-devel] Interrupts and kmalloc in alsa modules

Ciaccia ciacciax at yahoo.com
Wed Apr 11 09:11:51 CEST 2007

Hi Lee,
Thanks a lot for the explanation! Now I understand
what's wrong with the module, I must remove the buffer
allocation from the trigger and put it somewhere
else... You said I should move it in the prepare
function, this page
http://www.alsa-project.org/~iwai/writing-an-alsa-driver/x639.htm
says it should go in the hw_params. What's the best
place where to put it?

I did not write the module, so I really don't know why
all the sample format conversion code is in the
module... How could I fix/improve it and use the
sample conversion already available in alsa-lib?

Thanks
Bye
Andrea