[Sound-open-firmware] Question about topology with mixer

Sridharan, Ranjani ranjani.sridharan at intel.com
Thu May 21 15:34:10 CEST 2020

________________________________
From: Sound-open-firmware <sound-open-firmware-bounces at alsa-project.org> on behalf of Daniel Baluta <daniel.baluta at gmail.com>
Sent: Thursday, May 21, 2020 1:31 AM
To: Ranjani Sridharan <ranjani.sridharan at linux.intel.com>
Cc: xiuli.pan at linux.intel.com <xiuli.pan at linux.intel.com>; yang.jie at linux.intel.com <yang.jie at linux.intel.com>; Terry Lv <terry.lv at nxp.com>; Girdwood, Liam R <liam.r.girdwood at intel.com>; Daniel Baluta <daniel.baluta at nxp.com>; sound-open-firmware at alsa-project.org <sound-open-firmware at alsa-project.org>
Subject: Re: [Sound-open-firmware] Question about topology with mixer

On Tue, May 19, 2020 at 7:17 PM Ranjani Sridharan
<ranjani.sridharan at linux.intel.com> wrote:

> On Tue, 2020-05-19 at 16:06 +0000, Daniel Baluta wrote:
> > Hello everyone,
> >
> > Is there any topology that mixes two PCM streams that
> > we can take as an example to start with?
> >
> > We would like to do something like this:
> >
> > PCM0 ----> volume ----------------+
> >                                                    |-- LL mixer ---->
> > volume ---->DAI
> > PCM1 ----> volume ----> SRC --+
> >
> > Also, should this result in 1 sound card with 2 sub devices, right?
> Hi Daniel,
>
> We already have a pipeline similar to this that we use in our
> topologies. Take for example sof-apl-pcm512x.m4.
> It uses the "pipe-low-latency-playback" pipeline for PCM0 pipeline 1
> and the "pipe-pcm-media" pipeline (pipeline 5) is connected to the
> mixer in pipeline 1. Hope this helps.
>

> > Is there a plan to write a topology GUI tool? Writing m4 files
> > is not really easy .
>
> We dont have a GUI yet for writing topologies but there's a tool to
> visualize the topologies that you build with m4 for now.

Care to share the name of the tool or some links to it? :)

Hi Daniel,

The verify-tplg-binary.sh test in the CI test suite does this today. If you look into the CI test result (click on PASS), you'll see the tab there it displays the tplg graph.
https://sof-ci.01.org/linuxpr/PR2129/build3803/devicetest/
So, the script should give you the info about how to use the tool.

Thanks,
Ranjani