[Sound-open-firmware] [Re]: Make error when building topology and tools

Mohana Datta Yelugoti ymdatta.work at gmail.com
Mon Mar 2 07:34:05 CET 2020

On 29/02/20 12:24 am, Liam Girdwood wrote:
> I think Ubuntu 19.10 may have all the ALSA updates merged now. If so,
> we can update the docs.
>
> ymdatta, can you skip all the ALSA steps and use the default ALSA
> versions. Let us know, as this may mean all the updates are now
> shipping with latest Ubuntu.

Ubuntu 19.10 eoan's alsa-lib version is 1.1.9 [0]. I downgraded my version
from 1.2.2 to 1.1.9 by recompiling the alsa-lib repository by pointing to
that release. (Hope i am doing this correct).

> If ubuntu ALSA is tool old, you will see errors compiling topologies.

I was able to successfully build firmware binaries. But when building
topology i faced errors. I feel they are similar to what i reported before.
But, i am including them for completeness. They are topology_log [1]
and topology_error_log [2]. (topology_log is the stdout output and stderr
output obtained using the command:
`./scripts/build-tools.sh > topology_log 2> topology_error_log)

Hope this helps.

Regards,
ymdatta.