[Sound-open-firmware] Distribution of sof firmware and tplg files

Pierre-Louis Bossart pierre-louis.bossart at linux.intel.com
Wed Jan 15 17:15:25 CET 2020

>> It sounds like we are all aligned on this objective, albeit using
>> different repos. Are there any objections to ldc files in alsa-ucm-conf
>> providing a debug script can find the correct ldc file at runtime ?
>
> As a packager, I would like to have the debug info and tools separate.
> We can ask user to install the debug package and the extra tools on demand.

That's not possible in all cases to have an on-demand install. Yocto and
others in the embedded world create one image that needs to contain
everything at flash time. Granted there may be engineering and user
releases, but no everyone has the flexibility to do an rpm/apt install
from a command line.